This is our another article about Playstation. And in this article, I will tell you how to connect a PS4 controller to a PS3. If you also want to enjoy games on your PS3 using your PS4 controller then this article is only for you. And I will tell you two methods to connect your PS4 controller to PS3 and both methods are working.
PS3 is an old console. And nowadays every console player has PS4 in their house. And we all know that we can not play PS3 games on PS4 and PS4 games on the PS3. And if sometimes we want to enjoy some old classic games on our PS3 then we have to turn it on. And what if by any chance the controller of the console got faulty or is not working anymore. Because it is in the box for years and anything could happen with the controller. And you want to play the games on your PS3 to refresh your old memories.
Even if you go to the market to buy a new PS3 original controller, there are very few chances that you will get one. Because it is an old model and the PlayStation is not creating controllers for PS3. but you do not worry at all we are here to help you with this topic. I will tell you how to connect a PS4 controller with the PS3. and you can connect the controller wirelessly or with the wired both.
Easy Way To Connect PS4 Controller To PS3
When PlayStation launched them another console named PS4 a few years ago. After a few months, they announced that even you can not play PS4 games on PS3 or PS3 games on PS4. but you will be able to connect the PS4 controller with the old PS3.
but still, you have to make sure that your PS3 should not be jailbroken, or else there are chances that the controller would not work for you. And if your PlayStation 3 is not jailbroken then you can try both methods and it will work for you. As I said, I have two methods to connect the PS4 controller to the PS3, so let’s not waste any more time and let’s get started with the first method.
How To Connect a PS4 Controller To PS3? (Wired Method)
If you want to connect your PS4 controller with the PS3 using wire. Then it is a very easy method to perform. All you need to know is that the wire you are using should be working and it should connect the controller and PS3. I meant you need USB to Micro B wired, and you have to make sure that the USB ports of the PS3 are working to perform this method. Because sometimes they are full of dust and USB controllers could not be connected due to dust. So clean it first and then try this method.
All you have to do is, connect both and you are ready to control your PS3 using your PS4 controller. Now you can play any game using your PS3.
Check Also : How To Cancel Playstation Now
How To Connect A PS4 Controller To PS3? (Wireless Method)
If you can not sit near to Tv for a long time and you want to use the PS4 remote on PS3 wirelessly then you can try this method. But for this method, you should know that you must have a 4.6 version of PS3, the last version of PS3 came was 4.82. So you must have a PS3 version of 4.6. And your PS3 should not be jailbroken. You can check your PS3 version by going to settings, then click on system settings, after that go to Software information. And if your PS3 does not meet any of these requirements then I would suggest you not to try this method, because it is not going to work for you anyway. But if your PS3 meets all the requirements then just follow the steps that I have mentioned below, and you will be able to play games with Wireless PS4 controllers on your PS3. so let’s get started.
- Connect the PS4 controller with your PS3 using a USB cable.
- Turn the console and the remote on, and go to XMP and then Settings and then go to Accessory settings.
- Select manage Bluetooth Device, select your controller and your controller will be all ready to get paired with your PS3.
- If you can not find your device in the list, then there will be a message that says, The Bluetooth device has not been registered. And if you want to register it click on or press the X from the controller.
- If Bluetooth devices have been paired with your console, then you will be prompted that a new Bluetooth device has been found. Or register your device pressing X from the controller.
- Now click on start scanning by pressing X on your controller and after that, the scan will get started, when it gets finished you will see a new device on the list. Click on the device and click on connect.
- Now disconnect the controller again from your console. And press the PS button and share button at the same time.
- If the light of the Controller starts flashing, quickly connect it back and select Wireless connection and press X.
- After this, you will be able to play PS3 games on your PS4 controller without any kind of error.
This is how to connect a PS4 controller to PS3. and if you are using a jailbroken PS3 then you can connect your PS4 controller with your PS3 using a USB cable because the wireless method will not work for you if you jailbroke your PS3 before the 4.6 version.
Check Also : How To Delete PS4 Account
Final Words : In this article, I have told you all about PS3 and PS4 controllers and also How to connect PS4 controllers to PS3. I have provided you with two methods for that and there are pictures with every step, to make it easy for you to understand what to do on the next step.