Today we are back with another best article. This article is for you if you create assignments or test papers on Word. Because in this article I will tell you how to insert a checkbox in Word. you are here reading this article which means you also need some checkboxes in your Word. and you do not know how to add them in your word, so in this article, you will learn every way of inserting a checkbox in Word. if you want to know how to do it then keep on reading till last.
Easy Way to Insert CheckBox in Word
Every one of us had given exams till now and many of us are still preparing for exams. And all of us have filled the blanks in the exams. We used to tick in the square box to fill a blank. That is called a checkbox. In Word, it is a checkbox which is a square box and some symbols are placed in it. Or you can write anything on it. Checkboxes have many types, it does not come with only tick sign. So in this article, you will learn all about checkboxes and how to insert checkboxes in Word.
Can I Insert a Checkbox In Any Version Of Word?
As we know, all of us do not use the same version of MS Word, every one of us might have the latest version of MS Word or Older version of MS Word. That’s why I would like to tell you that you can use checkboxes in any version of MS Word. I will tell you the method for every version of MS Word, below in the article I have mentioned every step to insert a checkbox in Word. so let’s not waste any more time and let’s get started with our first point of the topic.
Check Also: How To Change Reddit Username
How To Insert A Checkbox In Word?
First of all, we will be covering the oldest version of MS Word. because many of us can not download the latest version of MS Word because of the size of this. It comes in more than 1GB. I use some older version of MS Word. so let’s get started with the first topic.
Insert A Checkbox In A MS Word 2016-
You can use this step to insert a checkbox in MS Word 2010 to 2016. It will work in every Word which is released between these years. So let’s get started.
- Click on the line or the text using your left mouse button.
- Make sure your Home Tab is visible, sometimes it is hidden and you will get confused using this method.
- Search for the paragraph tab, and next to the bullet point icon, you will see an arrow click on it and define the new bullet.
- Find and click on the symbol tab.
- There will be two tabs, find and click on the Fonts tab, there you have to select wingdings or wingdings 2 or wingdings 3, then select the empty checkbox and click on it.
- After selecting the checkbox, click on insert, it will get inserted in your document.
This is the method for MS Word 2016 edition, the method for other MS Word versions will be different and I have mentioned it below in the article. So let’s not waste any more time and let’s get started with it.
Insert A Checkbox In MS Word 2007-
You can use the following steps to insert a checkbox in MS Word 2007 or a bit older versions of MS Word. so let’s get started.
- Click on the line and press the right button of the mouse.
- Click on bullet and numbering in the menu tab.
- Select any bullet type that you would like to insert and click on customize.
- Click on character and choose wingdings or wingdings 2.
- Find and select the checkbox in the tab.
- Click on the checkbox and click on it to insert it in, or double click on the checkbox to insert it.
Many of us might have an even lower version of that like me personally. I use the MS Word 2003 version. And I am satisfied with this older version of MS Word because it has enough features to finish my work. I do not need any latest features to finish my work. And if you too have the same version of MS Word then let’s get started.
Insert A Checkbox In MS Word 2003-
This older version of MS Word comes in very small size, that is why still many of the users still use this. And if you are one of them and you want to know if you can insert a checkbox in this and if yes, then you can insert it. I will tell you the full method in steps. Let’s get started.
- You have to open your MS Word and select the line of the text.
- Then you will see the insert tab above in the MS Word, click on it.
- Find the symbol and click on it.
- A tab will open, click on Fonts and scroll down.
- Find wingdings, Wingdings 2, or wingdings 3 in the fonts section.
- Search all of them and you will get to see many types of checkboxes in it.
- Select the checkbox that you need.
- Click on insert to insert it on your document.
I would like to say MS Word 2003 has the easiest method to insert a checkbox in a document. You do not have to do much as I said in the steps. Just follow my steps and you will not face any kind of error in inserting a checkbox in your Word.
As I said, there are many types of checkboxes and you can find all of them in the symbol section and you can choose any of them according to your satisfaction.
Check Also: How to Do Subscript In Google Docs
Final Words: In this article, I have told you all about checkboxes and how to insert a checkbox in Word. I have covered all versions of MS Word. if still you have something to ask just comment below and I will get you as soon as possible.