Hello friends, if you want to know How to Stop Steam From opening at startup and searching about this on the internet. Then don’t worry you will get all your answers and solution in this article. Every gamer knows what Steam is. It is a digital platform to serve as a distributor of PC games.
It allows users to install PC games online after purchase into their profiles. It provides services like automatic updates to the games, chats with friends, the ability to create a friends list, and share games with them. The worst thing a computer user and especially a gamer encounter is being kept on waiting for the computer to completely load all the applications and be ready for the use.
A slower startup of the computer or delayed time in loading the programs and features indicate that either there are many applications that are required to run with the windows startup by default or unintentionally resulting into the lowering the performance of the computer or may the hardware of the computer is not capable enough to load programs quickly.
Easy Ways To Stop Steam from Opening at Startup
If you have Steam installed in your computer and it automatically starts up whenever you turn on your PC, it might take longer than usual for your computer to get things ready for you. There may be high impact programs that slow down your computer on its startup. So instead of uninstalling all those programs that slow down your computer or the steam itself, you can make those programs not starting up automatically whenever the computer starts.
Check Also: How to Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud
The foremost task is to identify which programs are making your computer slower. If you have steam installed in your computer and it starts every time your turn on your machine, then you might want to disable Steam from starting up automatically through following simple procedures;
How To Stop Steam from Opening at Startup From Steam Settings
You can prevent steam from starting up at the start by following below stated steps;
- The first step is to open the Steam application on your computer.
- Click on the “Steam” icon at the top left corner and select “Settings”. A new pop up window will open. Click on the “Interface” option from the menu of the newly opened window.
- In the interface menu, you will see that the steam application is required to startup when computer starts by default. You need to uncheck “Run Steam when my computer starts” and click “OK” to save your settings.
And it’s all done. Steam will not start when you turn on your PC and your PC will now be ready for you to use without waiting for the Steam application to load completely. You will have to open the Steam application whenever you require it to. A similar procedure could be applied to other applications in order to stop them from starting up when the computer starts.
How to Stop Steam from Opening at Startup From Windows Settings
- Another method of making steam stop from starting up when windows start is from windows settings itself. If you are using windows 10, you need to click on the search bar near the windows tab. Write “Startup Apps” in the search bar. In the search results, you need to click on the “Startup Apps” to open its settings.
- In the startup Apps settings, there will be many programs with options between “on” and “off”. You will see “Steam Client Bootstrapper” turned on. All applications, which are turned on start whenever the computer is logged in or turned on leads to slowing down the computer.
- Click on the switch button to switch the “Steam Client Bootstrapper” to “off”. Now the steam application will not start when you start up your computer or log in.
How To Stop Steam from Opening at Startup Through Task Manager
Another method to disable Steam from starting up is through the task manager. If you are using an older version of windows, this method will also work for you.
- To start up the task manager, press “Alt+ctrl+delete” together. In the menu of the task manager, select “Open task Manager”.
- Another way of opening the “task manager” by right-clicking on the Start Windows logo Start From among the options, select Task Manager.
- Then select the Startup (If you do not see the Startup tab, select the “More details” option for an older version of windows). The programs are listed here along with their statuses at the startup of the computer as being “Disabled” or “enabled”. Look for the “Steam Client Bootstrapper” and check its status. If its status is “enabled”, then you need to change is status to “disabled” to prevent it from starting along with the windows at the startup.
You can also go directly into the settings of the Steam from the bottom right side of the taskbar if the application is already running. From settings, choose the preferences menu and look if the box of “Run Steam when my computer starts” is checked. All you need is to make sure that the option of “Run Steam when my computer starts” is kept unchecked. Click “OK” to save your settings and you are all done.
Final Words:I Hope you’re How To Stop Steam from opening at startup Problem is 100% Solved If You have Any Query Then Comment Below.